Sorry I've been MIA for a while... It's been a hectic past couple of months. Last week, I decided it was time to quit working at Purdue and start full-time support-raising. Which means I now have time to do things like post on my blog! (among other things... like get my immunizations taken care of today! hurrah!)
Rather than blogging for the past couple of months, I've been developing a fond affection for my car. Yes, I think it's time to finally dub her "Daisy" (for that's the name she's been in my mind all along, it just doesn't particularly sound "car-like"). But she deserves a name; she's served me so well! I put about 2,500 miles on her in the 1st half of September, with trips to PA, NC, and GA.
All the traveling went well --no incidents whatsoever! and now I'm back home again, jiggedy-jig, with no more out-of-state trips planned until the BIG one! When will that be...?
In North Carolina at a conference I attended, God convicted me of slacking off in praying to go by October because I didn't think it'd happen. He reminded me that if I still think it's important that I go in October (which I do --see post from June 7th) then I should still be asking Him for it. He IS able! So I took a deep breath, prayed a LOT, and quit my job so I could dive into full-time support-raising and preparing to leave. So far, it's been going wonnnderfully! I feel like I have my life back! ..and time to actually enjoy it! Today after working on my computer for hours I went for a walk and took pictures of all the pretty fall trees and other things I probably won't see in the Saffron Land.
If you're wondering how support-raising itself is going, it's going wonnnderfully too! ;-) As in, God keeps reminding me that I can't make the support come in. Going in October is not my problem to solve. It's His. All I can do is say, "Here, Lord! Send me!" and wait to see if He does. Of course, I do what I can to labor toward that end, like follow up with people about giving, and get my immunizations, visa, etc. But in the end, my dream is here. Now. Living this life with my God. (but now I'm being redundant to my last post. Insert all those thoughts here. :-)) So my hope is to go by next month, and if about 20 more people pledge to give $30/month then I can book a flight! Please pray with me that God will bring these people soon!
A couple other things I've enjoyed in my full-time support-raising life are downloading two books to my Kindle and reading 20% of each of them. They are: The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul and Cross-Cultural Servanthood by Duane Elmer. Very stellar reads, in case you were wondering, but I won't give book reports now. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment