Thursday, January 5, 2012

Departure contemplations

Tomorrow I leave the Home. For 2 months + 10 days. My emotions are very mixed. I love these children dearly and I know I will miss them so much. I’m as I get to know this work more, Kathy and I have so many ideas that I want to BE here to help her act upon. The most recent idea that Kathy and I have started is a library system in the front sitting room of our home. The children LOVE to borrow the books and log them out on our register, but it is a fairly chaotic ordeal because there are so many children. I wish I could be here to help Kathy establish and teach the children a schedule for certain classes to come and borrow books on certain days.

But another part of me is very much looking forward to the distance and the perspective I’ll gain through being away for a while. There are SO MANY needs here, and recently, I’ve felt somewhat overwhelmed and frazzled. Where do you start when there are 300 children here who don’t have parents involved in their lives and who crave personal attention and godly instruction? It is easy to feel overwhelmed. Please pray that the Lord will give me perspective and focus in this work the way Chr*st had it. He knew exactly who He was and why He was on earth. Praise the Lord whose timing is perfect always and whose plan is sovereign. He will accomplish everything for our good and His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment