Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Brain fever praise?

The Children's Home campus is surrounded by tall trees which are are played in by the monkeys and inhabited by loud and colorful birds. One particular cuckoo bird incited Kathy's annoyance as it disrupted her much-needed nap after a tiresome 3-day mountain trek with 30 kids. I wish you all could hear this bird. The bird song itself isn't too annoying, but the way it repeats it's call several times in a row with increased urgency makes it difficult to be termed melodious. Yesterday, Calvin told us that the bird is popularly (and appropriately!) called "Brain fever", but that he puts a positive spin on it by imagining that instead of the bird calling out "brain fever, brain fever, brain fever," it is actually saying, "Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord" each time with increased intensity. I find this quite humorous, but perhaps it actually will serve as a helpful reminder in the months to come of how urgent and important it is that in everything, I praise the Lord.

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!"
Psalm 150:6

1 comment: