A group of girls I've been connecting with more these weeks are the 10th class girls. They must wait for their 10th class exam results to come before they can go onto 11th grade. If they didn't pass the exam, they must repeat 10th grade. (This is the only grade where this is required.) So while all the other children are in school, the 10th class girls are bored. Several nights ago, I asked them if they wanted to learn anything in particular during these weeks when they have nothing to do. Computers and baking were the most popular answers, so yesterday I had them all over for a baking lesson. This evening while all the other children were studying, the 10th class girls and I had a nail painting party. Afterward, one suddenly piped up, "Didi, will you pray for our exam results?" This is a common request, and yes, I do frequently pray for them in my personal quiet times. But tonight they all grasped each other's hands for "chain prayer." "Let's pray now, Didi?" Now? Why of course! So I did. We ran out of time before dinner so everyone could not pray, but it was a precious time.
It's hard to spend quality time alone with only one or a few girls because on the Home's campus lots of children and staff are coming and going everywhere all the time. But the 10th class girls being so bored and lonely now seems to be a perfect opportunity! I'll need to give some thought to what exactly I want to use the opportunity for, but even just hanging out and praying with them would be wonderful for them and an answered prayer to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment