Some friends of mine recently invited me to accompany them on a 10 hour drive to a national tourist site, but due to timing conflicts, I am unable to go. I was really wanting to see this world-famous attraction, especially since some of the Home children are staying with their parents in a colony right next to it. So not being able to go was disappointing. Then a brilliant thought occurred to me: Why not take the children who are still at the Home on a road trip??
The seven kids who are still here have been much on my heart this week and I’ve been trying to think of ways to make this month special and memorable for them. I wasn’t sure if taking them 10 hours away to sightsee in a very hot city was something they’d even want to do. Somehow, my idea leaked to the kids before I had a chance to ask the appropriate person for permission. Yesterday at breakfast one of them piped up: Didi, you are taking us to A---? Uhh, ..I hesitated. Seeing their eager faces assured me they all wanted to go. Not wanting to get their hopes up, I said at last: If the manager gives permission. Getting permission seemed to be kind of a far fetch due to various policy restrictions, but I promised the children I would ask. Today, I asked and the manager said yes! I wish you could’ve seen how the children's faces shone as I told them that we’ll go next week for not one or two, but FOUR days to TWO famous cities. Road trip, here we come!
The seven kids who are still here have been much on my heart this week and I’ve been trying to think of ways to make this month special and memorable for them. I wasn’t sure if taking them 10 hours away to sightsee in a very hot city was something they’d even want to do. Somehow, my idea leaked to the kids before I had a chance to ask the appropriate person for permission. Yesterday at breakfast one of them piped up: Didi, you are taking us to A---? Uhh, ..I hesitated. Seeing their eager faces assured me they all wanted to go. Not wanting to get their hopes up, I said at last: If the manager gives permission. Getting permission seemed to be kind of a far fetch due to various policy restrictions, but I promised the children I would ask. Today, I asked and the manager said yes! I wish you could’ve seen how the children's faces shone as I told them that we’ll go next week for not one or two, but FOUR days to TWO famous cities. Road trip, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment