Thursday, August 9, 2012

What happened in July?

Hi folks! I guess it's officially taken me a month to recover from June and the 4 weeks of entertaining 7 kids in a cross-cultural setting. Whew!

Here's a brief rundown of what happened in July...

Kathy and I had an intern live with us...


The Abundant Life Resource Center opened with music classes...


The kids enjoyed a special treat of ice cream at the July birthday celebration...


My doorbell rang of the hook as I was showered with precious hand-made cards and gifts on my own birthday...


And the boys and I spent a Sunday afternoon blowing grass whistles at the Boys Hostel...


And now it's mid-August! Hopefully it won't be so long till I give another update. 

As for now, the kids have off school today due to a religious holiday, so I better get some breakfast and be available when the door starts ringing again for balls, books, toys, and badminton rackets! There's been a surprising reprieve since the first round of kids came asking at 6:30 am which has given me time to write this, but I won't press my luck that it'll last much longer.

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos of the children, Audrey. I wish I could know them by name as you do. What beautiful, fun-loving children and so many smiles!
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete