Sunday, November 6, 2011

11.3.11

I’ve been in the Saffron Land for just 4 days so far, but I feel like I could write a couple of chapters, such has been the myriad of thoughts, emotions, and experiences I’ve had! I will try to contain it to a fairly concise blog post though. J Ironically, even though I’ve prayed and desired and labored toward coming back here for years, I wasn’t really prepared for BEING back here when I finally arrived. Everything here is so different.

On Wednesday, we took the 6 hour BUMPY, dusty, loud, 250 mile drive from D---- to D---------. After staying in D---------- for a few days to buy things and get acquainted with the other team members, our team leader drove us today to B-------- and to the Children’s Home! What a beautiful place this is! It is beautiful because of what the Lord is doing here. But in another sense I can tell it will be a challenging place to live. This afternoon, as Kathy were up to our elbows in grey sudsy water scouring down our new (to us) apartment we confided to each other how thankful we were there with the other one. Many overwhelming things have happened so far. It will take a while to find some level of comfort and routine. But it would be 100x more difficult if one of us was here without the other. God knew what He was doing by bringing us here at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for your safe arrival. May He bless you with patience and perseverance as you work with the children.

    ReplyDelete