It's possible that I've never missed anyone as much as I miss Kathy these days, my American teammate and friend on the field. She left in mid-December, and is scheduled to arrive back at the Home in less than 2 weeks!! After that, due to visa changes and visa requirement changes, neither one of us will need to leave again for 2 months at a time. It will be nice to actually spend more than a matter of weeks together before one of us leaves the country for months at a time.
The past several weeks have been VERY hectic with lots of changes to my personal routine and job requirements. A few weeks ago, when the Children's Home lost one of its dorm mothers, I volunteered to fill in temporarily until a new matron is hired. With lots of new cultural expectations on my plate, I've greatly missed Kathy's presence not only to help bear the work load, but as a friend to talk, laugh, cook American food, and go on outings with.
Kathy, come back soon!
The past several weeks have been VERY hectic with lots of changes to my personal routine and job requirements. A few weeks ago, when the Children's Home lost one of its dorm mothers, I volunteered to fill in temporarily until a new matron is hired. With lots of new cultural expectations on my plate, I've greatly missed Kathy's presence not only to help bear the work load, but as a friend to talk, laugh, cook American food, and go on outings with.
Kathy, come back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment