I'm currently working to develop a discipleship and training program for orphan caretakers globally. As part of the research for the program development, I'm talking to children's homes around the world to assess the particular needs of their staff. When I tell them what I'm working on, here is what they are saying:
From a missionary founder of two children's homes and a school in Asia: "When I first
heard about this, I thought it was a brilliant idea; I just wondered how it
could be done. Twice I’ve tried
to turn leadership of the homes to national staff, but both have fallen through
due to character issues.”
From a missionary in Mexico: “The staff get burnout. They remain serving, but burnout takes the form of snapping at the children, or hostile relationships with other staff members. We could really use a program to offer training, encouragement, and refreshment to our staff.”
From a national Asian leader: "We really really need spiritual programs for the staff. We urgently need training.”
From a founder of 40 children's homes globally that care for nearly 1000 children: “We need people to disciple our staff and teach them how to disciple the children. Americans should be involved because America is strong in discipleship resources."
How exciting that we in America have an opportunity to encourage these faithful laborers, partnering with them to nurture and disciple these precious, parentless children!
No comments:
Post a Comment