Support-raising strikes much fear and trepidation in my heart. "Why can't I have a normal job, with a normal salary?" I asked God last week.
He gently responded: "Because I want My people to know."
Sigh. Yes, of course, He is right.
If I didn't have to raise support, I wouldn't have to speak in churches. I wouldn't have to share with anyone about the need of orphans around the world, and the strategic ministry of discipling their caretakers. But it's important. And God wants His people to know.
So I obediently go. I raise support. And God reminds me...
My job in raising support is not to "get people to give," but to simply tell about the need, clearly and truthfully. Then the Holy Spirit can work.
I pray for supporters. For people who are burdened for orphan ministry and who see the exciting strategy of discipling children to be leaders for Christ while they spend 12+ years (the most shapable years of their life) in children's homes because they have no parents. If God wanted to provide all the financial resources for this ministry right now, through one anonymous person, He could. But I believe He wants more people to know. To pray and give to this ministry.
And in the process of giving, I believe Christians will be blessed. Because Jesus said, "it's more blessed to give than to receive." And, "where your treasure is there will your heart be also." And if you, "Seek first the kingdom of God, all these things will be added to you."
May the Lord use little me to disciple orphans to be leaders in their communities AND bless the American Church by "adding all things" to Her.
He gently responded: "Because I want My people to know."
Sigh. Yes, of course, He is right.
If I didn't have to raise support, I wouldn't have to speak in churches. I wouldn't have to share with anyone about the need of orphans around the world, and the strategic ministry of discipling their caretakers. But it's important. And God wants His people to know.
So I obediently go. I raise support. And God reminds me...
My job in raising support is not to "get people to give," but to simply tell about the need, clearly and truthfully. Then the Holy Spirit can work.
I pray for supporters. For people who are burdened for orphan ministry and who see the exciting strategy of discipling children to be leaders for Christ while they spend 12+ years (the most shapable years of their life) in children's homes because they have no parents. If God wanted to provide all the financial resources for this ministry right now, through one anonymous person, He could. But I believe He wants more people to know. To pray and give to this ministry.
And in the process of giving, I believe Christians will be blessed. Because Jesus said, "it's more blessed to give than to receive." And, "where your treasure is there will your heart be also." And if you, "Seek first the kingdom of God, all these things will be added to you."
May the Lord use little me to disciple orphans to be leaders in their communities AND bless the American Church by "adding all things" to Her.
No comments:
Post a Comment