Trust in Me with your whole heart.
Don't depend on what you think you know.
Acknowledge My wisdom and goodness in everything,
And I will guide you.
I wrote this personal paraphrase of Proverbs 3:5-6 out for myself last Wednesday. The dramatic comforting affect God's promise had on my soul amazed me. By the end of the week I was able to talk and think joyfully about the same subjects which had brought me much angst on Monday and Tuesday.
Yesterday evening I listened to Psalm 23 sung on my way to a speaking engagement. The words of verse 4 nearly brought tears to my eyes: Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
That's it? I thought. Walking through fire and storm can be ok simply because God is with you? It sounded to simplistic, easy. But in my heart I knew how true it was, and that's what sprung tears to my eyes.
How good God is!
So now that I'm feeling more rested and emotionally together, my to-do list is quite cut out for me. I'm encouraged by how many people are expressing interest in sponsoring children and donating to the Christmas Gift Project. PTL! So I need to follow up with all of them as well as mail a bunch of letters off to the kids, brainstorm for a devotional I'm thinking of writing for them, and take care of a bunch of other miscellaneous paperwork projects and emails.
This weekend I watched a South Asian movie --the biggest blockbuster hit in the country! Hearing the language with English subtitles reminded me that I should really get a hold of more such films to use for language study while I'm in the US. So a trip to the library is also in the imminent future. Libraries...another small joy I just realized I've very much missed!
Don't depend on what you think you know.
Acknowledge My wisdom and goodness in everything,
And I will guide you.
I wrote this personal paraphrase of Proverbs 3:5-6 out for myself last Wednesday. The dramatic comforting affect God's promise had on my soul amazed me. By the end of the week I was able to talk and think joyfully about the same subjects which had brought me much angst on Monday and Tuesday.
Yesterday evening I listened to Psalm 23 sung on my way to a speaking engagement. The words of verse 4 nearly brought tears to my eyes: Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
That's it? I thought. Walking through fire and storm can be ok simply because God is with you? It sounded to simplistic, easy. But in my heart I knew how true it was, and that's what sprung tears to my eyes.
How good God is!
So now that I'm feeling more rested and emotionally together, my to-do list is quite cut out for me. I'm encouraged by how many people are expressing interest in sponsoring children and donating to the Christmas Gift Project. PTL! So I need to follow up with all of them as well as mail a bunch of letters off to the kids, brainstorm for a devotional I'm thinking of writing for them, and take care of a bunch of other miscellaneous paperwork projects and emails.
This weekend I watched a South Asian movie --the biggest blockbuster hit in the country! Hearing the language with English subtitles reminded me that I should really get a hold of more such films to use for language study while I'm in the US. So a trip to the library is also in the imminent future. Libraries...another small joy I just realized I've very much missed!
No comments:
Post a Comment